Taking Extra Care With Sun Damaged Skin
Posted by Pevonia Marketing on 23rd Sep 2022
Desperate to repair sun damaged skin? Perhaps you baked beneath the sun’s scorching rays, acting as a human sundial, turning as the earth orbited the sun on a quest for the perfect tan. You are not alone. Studies show that 80% of facial aging signs are due to UV exposure. Thankfully, you can diminish the visible consequences with skincare for sun damaged skin.
How to Repair Sun Damaged Skin
Many of us wish for a time machine to tell our younger selves that the glow we sought would yield dark spots, wrinkles, rough texture, sagging, and redness. But, until time travel becomes a reality, we can work to repair the skin we have here and now. Properly formulated exfoliants, masks, and professional Pevonia treatments work together to lessen these effects.
Exfoliation And Sun Damage
If you’ve just recently come in from the sun, hold off on exfoliation and acids for several days. It is crucial to not exfoliate after sun exposure and allow time for your skin to calm down. Once there are no signs of redness or inflammation, exfoliation is an essential tool for minimizing signs of sun damage. Sun overexposure causes the cell turnover rate and reproduction to slow, resulting in uneven skin tone, dullness, and dryness - symptoms of sluggish cell renewal. Rather than using just one method to correct this, experts recommend this powerful combination to put sun damage on notice:
• Retinol is the universal skin resurfacing powerhouse. This impressive antioxidant fights skin-damaging free radicals and enhances cellular performance. It speeds up cell turnover, reorganizes skin cells, normalizes enzymatic activity, and stabilizes pigmentation while supporting production of crucial skin proteins. It works to level uneven texture, roughness, and wrinkles, plus improves elasticity and skin density, giving skin back its youthful volume and moisture. Our Micro-Retinol is stabilized with advanced technologies and combined with calming ingredients for balanced formulas that overcome the skin-thinning and redness experienced with tretinoin. • Physical scrubs are an essential part of a sun damage repair routine. A natural scrub for body and face made with environmentally-safe buffing beads will polish away dulling dead skin cells and facilitate maximum results from your serums and skin care creams. It is vital to use the appropriate frequency for your skin type. Thicker, oilier skin can scrub up to three times weekly, whereas thin, drier skin should stick to once a week.
• AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) dissolve the glue that holds dead skin cells together, speeding up skin renewal to help repair sun damaged skin. Glycolic Acid is found in the Pevonia Evolutive Eye Cream, Resurfacing Glycocides Cream and Preserve Body Moisturizer, to name just a few of our products for sun damaged skin.
• Enzymes up the ante on at-home exfoliation. They work differently than other exfoliation methods, gently yet effectively breaking down dead skin cells to reveal more luminous skin and yield maximum results from your other natural skin care products.
Pro Tip: The Pevonia Peeling Cream with Papaya and Pineapple Enzymes complements other exfoliation efforts and works well when used post chemical peel once the skin begins to slough off.
Masking and Sun Damage
Adding a potent skin repairing face mask into your weekly routine is an excellent step for tackling symptoms of sun damage. The Pevonia Ageless Skin Collagen Mask is bursting with nutrient-rich Collagen Polypeptides, Beta-Carotene, and Shea Butter. The micro-emulsified and micronized actives penetrate deeply for maximum wrinkle smoothing and radiance-boosting results. About this mask’s dynamic actives:
• Collagen Polypeptides are pure amino-acid molecular chains of Marine-derived Collagen that provide the building blocks to support sun damage repair. They penetrate to the deepest layers of the skin, effectively smoothing the appearance of wrinkles, deeply moisturizing, and rejuvenating the overall complexion.
• Beta-Carotene, a valuable precursor of Vitamin A, is an emollient consisting of two retinyl groups that supports healthy cellular functions, growth, and metabolism for soft, soothed complexions.
• Shea Butter, more than just an emollient, is proven to improve 47% of wrinkles due to photo-aging, promote a 32% increase in moisture one-hour post-application and boosts the release of other actives by 24%. With repairing and rejuvenating essential fatty acids and vitamins, it reactivates collagen synthesis and curbs production of enzymes that break down vital proteins. This translates to improvement in skin thinning and texture for skin with a softer, smoother, more supple look and feel.
Professional Treatments and Sun Damage
Professional Pevonia Treatments are the most effective “big guns” to undo signs of sun damage. We offer multiple high-performance treatments suitable for all skin types and concerns. For chemical peels, our Lacto-Flora Peel and Micro-Retinol Peel in the Micro-Retinol® Essential Treatment all include skin-friendly naturally-sourced ingredients. For example, the Lacto-Flora Peel contains Lactic Acid praised for its ability to reduce the enzyme (Tyrosinase) involved in pigment formation while simultaneously smoothing and moisturizing the skin.
Our Myoxy-Caviar® Mask Treatment, Stem Cells Phyto-Elite®, and Lumafirm® Freeze-Dried Treatments feature supercharged ingredients within advanced formulations that dramatically address visible signs of aging and sun damage. For the body, the Lumafirm® Body Firm & Glow Treatment or De-Aging Papaya-Pineapple Crème Fraîche Body Wrap will help address the loss of elasticity, wrinkles, and rough skin texture resulting from sun overexposure.
How to Prevent Sun Damage to Skin
Of course, abstinence is the only surefire way to prevent subsequent sun damage, with sunscreen, umbrellas, hats, and UPF clothing a close second. We know that today’s “you” will be diligent about sun protection every day, rain or shine, to preserve your freshly repaired complexion. When using ocean-safe and reef-safe blue light protection formulas from Pevonia, you can rest assured that you are taking precautions that are good for you and the environment.
Now, if you or a “friend” threw caution to the wind and skipped sunscreen, a quick intervention with our After-Sun Soothing Gel can help arrest the destructive processes triggered by UV rays, and is the ideal way how to prevent sun damage after sunburn. Want to maximize results for your healthiest skin ever? Boost skin health with an in-depth consultation for your ideal products and professional treatments. Visit FindASpa for an oasis near you offering Pevonia!