Gotta get away? Getting away can be a fantastic way to reset yourself. But it can become a hassle when it comes to packing. To help you leave nothing out, we have some packing and travel skincare tips to ensure you don't get away this summer without everything you need.
If you haven’t traveled in a while, it is probable that your wardrobe, skincare travel kit, and luggage need an overhaul. When in doubt, toss it out! Once you’ve discarded worn-out gear and expired toiletries, you can make way for new ones!
No one likes having to interrupt trips to find necessities. To make sure you are vacay ready with a calm, refreshed complexion, we’ve got you covered!
There is something very reassuring about being prepared for a trip with everything you need.
Download a packing list and review it ahead of time to save you from the mad scramble to hunt down something last minute or arrive at your destination only to discover that you left out an essential item.
If you plan to carry on your bag, check on the accepted bag size and other policies ahead of time. When packing, think like a backpacker – if you can’t carry it, don’t bring it.
Here are things we think are travel musts for warm-weather travel:
- Breathable, versatile clothing – Bring tees and shorts in natural cotton and linen fabrics and something a bit dressier for dinners out.
- Embrace wrinkles – in your clothes! Sure, the fantasy is to stay wrinkle-free, and linen is the furthest thing from that. But since most clothes wrinkle anyway – with linen, you will be blameless!
- Never underestimate Mother Nature – For unexpected chilly nights and cold inflight air, bring a lightweight cardigan or jacket, one pair of leggings, your favorite jeans, and a long sleeve top for layering. You will be glad you made room in your bag!
- Swimsuit or trunks and a freezer bag to stash it in if it doesn’t dry by the time you have to head home.
- A wide-brimmed packable hat to shield your face from the sun and a fedora or head wrap for nighttime – You don't want to waste precious vacation time taming frizzy hair.
On that note – remember humidity-fighting hair care, just in case.
- Travel-sized laundry detergent for washing clothes.
- Medications – both over the counter and prescription. (Please don’t check these items! If your bags get lost, you will regret it!)
- Comfortable, supportive footwear. If you plan to do a lot of walking, consider cushioned insoles. And be sure to break new shoes in beforehand. Your feet will thank you!
- Compression socks to keep your feet and legs happy inflight. (They can help prevent blood clots.)
- Natural insect repellent – According to the CDC, the best natural formulas contain lemon and eucalyptus oil. Newcomer nootkatone from Alaskan Yellow cedar trees and grapefruit skin, recently registered with the CDC and EPA, also keeps bugs away.
- Travel size toiletries. Remember all liquids need to honor the 3-1-1 rule if you plan to carry on. Stick to 3.4-ounce bottles (or smaller) that can fit into a clear plastic quart-sized bag! Once you get the basics – shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, that leaves little room for the rest. Check out our travel-friendly natural skin care solutions below.
Skincare Travel Kit Advice
Fortunately, with Pevonia, good things do come in small packages. You can meet all your face and body care needs with our trial kits and Spa Boxes that contain natural skin care products in sizes perfect for carry-on bags!
Here are our summer travel skincare recommendations:
The skin often experiences irritation when traveling due to different climates, long flights, and unfamiliar water. Soothe travel-weary skin with our Sensitive No More Trial Kit or Redness-B-Gone Skincare Solution Kit to keep your complexion calm. Both include an alcohol-free toner to complete the cleanse, which is especially important in areas where tap water isn’t safe for drinking. Like all Pevonia skin care, these products refrain from controversial ingredients and practices – for beautiful skin you can feel good about!
You don’t have to put your skin-rejuvenating efforts on hold because you are on vacation. The portable Power Repair Collagen Trial Kit - Age-Correction Skincare Solution can go with you to keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay while away!
Remember not to throw away your empty bottles. You can reuse and refill when you get home to prepare for the next trip!
* Bonus: If you plan to be on your phone or tablet for long hours airborne the Hydrating Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40 will give you blue light protection, too! (Yet one more reason to stow 3-1-1 sized toiletries in your carry-on!)
But this is just the beginning! We’re torn about which Pevonia Spa Box we like most, so we will let you decide for yourself! Check out the travel-friendly solutions for all your skin concerns here! When you look back on your travel memories, you will be glad that you did!